Vodes Configuration in v1.1

11 years 10 months ago #6626 by grvulture
Your latest version (v1.1) doesn't have a Configuration page in backend. There is a Configuration link, but the URL it links to is /index.php?option=com_vodes. By manually changing it to /index.php?option=com_vodes&c=config, you get to a Configuration page, but  the General tab is hidden! I made it appear using firebug, and I saved my paypal email address, but I think you should fix it asap, so other users don't have this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #6628 by Saka
Which Joomla version? It works just fine for me.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

11 years 10 months ago #6629 by grvulture
Joomla 1.5.23

If you look at the xml installation file:
<menu img="../includes/js/ThemeOffice/config.png" link="option=com_vodes">Configuration</menu>
as well as at the vodes.php administration file:
JSubMenuHelper::addEntry(JText::_('VODES_CONFIG'), 'index.php?option=com_vodes', $controllerName == 'dashboard');

So, I really wonder how this can work just fine for you... Because to get it to go to the Configuration page, the link must be changed to /index.php?option=com_vodes&c=config

It must be a miracle of God! :)

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #6630 by Saka
The configuration is opened when you click on the Configuration button on the dashboard. It opens in a modal window. If it doesn't work for you you have a JS error or something. It does work for me and hundreds of others.

And your irony is not appreciated.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

11 years 10 months ago #6631 by grvulture
It is not irony. It is called humor! And I don't have any javascript errors on the Joomla back-end, as I haven't loaded anything, it is the native Joomla back-end, as it was in the original 1.5.23 zip file. I don't get any javascript errors on any other back-end page, except on your Configuration page! So, I wonder why this is a general problem of my site, when there are errors only on your page.

Anyway, forget it.

11 years 10 months ago #6632 by Saka
There are no errors on my site, it was my guess why it's not working on yours. As said, it works perfectly.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch