500 internal server error

15 years 6 days ago #4926 by rstepos
My host has said that

"Hello,

It looks like this component doesn't like the latest version of the Zend Optimizer.  We have temporarily reverted to an older version for you - see if this is working for you now.

Kind Regards,

Support"

it has since allowed access to my home page but doesnt allow access to any other pages! seems like problem is indeed with the component...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 days ago #4927 by Saka
We are waiting on answer from ionCube guys, if their loaders might be incompatible with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9: forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=2814
We will try to track down the problem.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 days ago #4929 by Saka
Hello,

Can anyone still having this problem please contact me on mail? I will need his FTP info and admin password to do some testing.

Thanks.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 4 days ago #4936 by RJP1
Hi Saka,

I'm having this exact same problem. My host said it was Advanced SEF and fixed the issue temporarily by down-grading the servers ZEND version to 3.3.3. They said it would need to get fixed as they need to eventually upgrade the ZEND software...

I'm using Joomla 1.0.15 and an old version of Advanced SEF - 5.81 to be exact.

Will url structures be te same when I upgrade to 6.01?

Cheers for the help.

RJP1

15 years 4 days ago #4937 by Saka
RJP1: Again: the problem is not in SEF Advance, it is in ionCube, the software used for encoding SEF Advance. It looks like it has some conflict with latest Zend Optimizer under some conditions. Upgrading SEF Advance won't help until this has been investigated.

So please someone send me the access to a site where you get this error because neither I nor ionCube guys can replicate it.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 4 days ago #4938 by RJP1
Ah right, well as I said the server I'm running has been downgraded to zend 3.3.3 and the error has gone... what can I do to help? Do you want to talk to the server owners? They're very technically minded (I guess they have to be to own a hosting company!)

Cheers, RJP1

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch