Config panel missing

17 years 1 month ago #526 by neen
I did an installation and got errors that the script was unable to rename certain files in the components directory. I changed the permission on the folders mentioned and tried the installation again. I got message that com_sef directory was already in use. I now see the SEF Advanced menu options but when I click any of them it just stays on the normal Contol Panel and nothing else appears.

I tried deleting the new directories and uploading again but just got message that com_sef already in use again.

I think it's only done a half installation ? However I DO see rewritten URLs for my website. I just can't configure it or switch it off ! Help  :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #527 by Saka
Please uninstall SEF Advance through the component installer. Also manually delete following directories using FTP:
./components/com_sef/
./administrator/components/com_sef/

Make sure that ./components/ and ./administrator/components/ are CHMOD 777.

Then install the component again.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 1 month ago #528 by neen
Hi Emir,

Thanks so much for the quick response ! I did as you suggested and now it's working great.

Thanks again !

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch