CB pagination not working with CB_ext_sef

17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #683 by thoeri
Hi,

great. I understand that you can't support all kind of components and plug-ins. I just thouht that you would like to know bugs and possible improvments since this can make you own product more attractive to buy and use. CB is of course a very common component and so is the cb gallery. Cb_gallery, the forum tab and profile book are made of the CB core developers and widely used.

I just hoped that there was a way to make the extension work on all tabs pagination - no matter of plug-in. If the extension wasn't encoded I might have been able to do adjustments to it to get it to work with my cb plug-ins. Except tab for the forum I use tab for cb gallery, cb profile book, mosTree listings. And it is annoying that the pagination doesn´t work. Is it necessary to have the encoding when it is a free extension? It might be a stupid question, so please do not be offended.

If there is no way to get pagination to work on my tabs I will most probably have to drop the extension. And that would be a shame. But I cannot have a site where the profile page doesn't work realle well.

I think SEF Advanced is a good product and I really hope there is a way to solve the paginations. Hope there is a way to get pagination to work on any tab no matter of plug in.

Cheers,
Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #687 by Saka
I think it would be hard to make generic pagination for all plugins unless they follow some kind of pattern which I will have to take another look on.

If the extension wasn't encoded I might have been able to do adjustments to it to get it to work with my cb plug-ins.

That's questionable, it would again fall on me to support it. This is the only extension that I release encoded but I do my best to support it, even though I said I will not.

But, I understand your position and will try to find an universal solution.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 4 months ago #688 by thoeri
Hi Emir

Sound good to me. Maybe there is a generic way. That would be the best for all parts.

Regards,
Thomas

17 years 4 months ago #726 by thoeri
Just curious to see if you have found I way to solve the pagination yet?

Cheers,
Thomas

17 years 4 months ago #729 by Saka
It is on my to-do list. Will report back soon.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 4 months ago #751 by Saka
OK, it has been fixed now. The extension will support pagination for all tabs generically.

Download the new extension and test.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch