Changing preferences in configuration does not work

11 years 9 months ago #6666 by Run Design
Hello
I've just updated my J 1.5 website www.stresafestival.eu to 1.5.26 and Sef Advance to 2.4.9.
The component works great, but when i try to change some parameters in preferences tabs under configuration, the website does not work as expected.
For example: in "URL look & feel" if I change "space" parmeter to "_" (instead of "-" by default), administration save this change correctly (I also checked the value in the table of the db), but the website still shows "-" (menus) instead of "_" (underscore).
Also "Skip prefix for def. lang." after "fish support" doesn't work, infact there is always a "/it/" which is the main language, and I need to remove it.

Now I'm writing some rewriterule in httaccess to get old links work, but i would like to know how to fix this issue.
Thank you in advance for your kindly support.
Regards
Mauro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #6667 by Saka
Hi,
Use title alias should be set to No if you want to change space character.
Also make sure caching is set to No and clear the cache.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

11 years 9 months ago #6668 by Run Design
Thank you, but now i need to use "alias" because my client use strange characters in the title (such as ?, spaces and others) and I have problems to make all the pages work.
I solved inserting two lines of mod_rewrite in .htaccess.

What about the Joomfish problem? is this problem also due to Title alias active?

Thank you in advance.
M

11 years 9 months ago #6669 by Saka
I would have to take a look on the Joomfish problem, send me the access info on mail please.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch