generate "topic-[id-number].html" URL for Kunena?

8 years 1 week ago #7659 by baijianpeng
I noticed that you use Kunena as your forum software, and SEF URLs generated properly.

Well, I have a special question, because I want to use Kunena in Chinese language, but I don't want to include any Chinese words in the SEF URLs.

You know, Kunena allows to set "alias" for categories, but there is no "alias" for topic titles. If the topic title is completely in Chinese words, without any English letter, how can SEF Advanced work for it?

My suggestion is: add an option (maybe there is already one?) to allow generate SEF URL for the topic page based on "topic" keyword and the ID number of that topic, for example:
/forum.html       -> for the forum index page
/forum/products.html     -> for the category
/forum/products/topic-238.html     -> for the topic
/forum/products/topic-238.html#549           ->   for one of those posts in that topic

I want to know if SEF Advance can work in this way?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 days ago #7664 by Saka
It uses Kunena's own router.php right now, the same as with core SEF. I haven't built a new extension for SEF Advance yet, but I plan to, mainly to get rid of the ID:s in the URLs completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 6 days ago #7665 by baijianpeng
It seems that you did not notice my special situation: what if the post title does NOT contain any ASCII character? For example, a title totally in Chinese language? How to generate SEF URL for such a post on Kunena forum?

The Kunena's native router can not handle this, it just use the Chinese character for SEF URL , that means unicode encoded strings in the SEF URL, this is NOT friendly!

Same thing will happen for other UTF-8 languages such as Korean, Japanese, Vietnam, Russian, French and Arabic.

Hence I think you need to develop a special SEF extension to handle Kunena post titles, use "topic-289.html" pattern for those UTF-8 languages.

Thank you.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch