"-" replacement

17 years 2 months ago #1006 by lafactory.com
I would like to use "-" instead of "_" but I have a lot of titles with already "-" inside and they are replaced with "&11" which is not exactly se friendly.
for the moment I put "_" but I hope there is a solution (no aliases, I have at least 2000 articles with "-" inside the title).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1008 by Saka
You can have hyphen replaced with underscore. Put "-=>_" in URL replacements.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1010 by lafactory.com

You can have hyphen replaced with underscore. Put "-=>_" in URL replacements.

I tried that, I still have "%11". and to be honnest it's quite silly since I want  "-" and not" _". the simplest way would be, I think, when we put "-" which is now the setting by default in sef advance, your programm does not replace "-" by something else when he finds it.
or a setting to replace "%11" with "-". I think you had such a setting in a older version to replace %11 with something else.

17 years 2 months ago #1011 by Saka
You can't have "-" in articles if you use "-" as word separator. It's as simple as that. That's why when you have "-" as word separator the system is replacing all hyphens that you have in titles with %11.

If you don't want %11 in URLs either use underscore "_" as word separator or have your hyphens replaced with something else (like underscore or whatever, as suggested above).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1012 by lafactory.com

You can't have "-" in articles if you use "-" as word separator. It's as simple as that. That's why when you have "-" as word separator the system is replacing all hyphens that you have in titles with %11.

If you don't want %11 in URLs either use underscore "_" as word separator or have your hyphens replaced with something else (like underscore or whatever, as suggested above).

I understand that, but I can't change more than 2.000 articles. I hoped it would be possible to change %11 for something else, more elegant. but since it's not possible...

17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #1013 by Saka
It IS possible. As I said use URL replacements:
-=>whatever_you_want

It is working, if not - you are doing something wrong.

See the attached picture. There you can see how I have replacement -=>_
This way my article called "Software co-existance" will appear as:
/software-co_existance/
instead of
/software-co%11existance/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch