changing meta description and keywords

16 years 11 months ago #1522 by toffs
Hi

we have upload sef advanced 5.4.2.and run Joomla 1.12

The title description always gives us our website name followed by the page description - and this is what you see in the top left brower bar, followed by our sites general descriptions and then the pages description. How do we set it so each pages changes to its own keywords only?

Many thanks. I have tried the alias function but it still gives us our website address and general website keywords

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2153 by pixel78
I have the same problem ad it's a big problem for search engine indexing, please let me know if the is a way to change the keywords and description for each article, I think It's a big fault if there are no ways to do this withour re write any url article by alias function!! ( anyway this function doesn't work for me as I have wrote in another threath)

16 years 7 months ago #2158 by Saka
If you turn on Dynamic META titles, for each article you get title like:
Site Name - Article Name
Now for each article you can change the meta tags (Keywords and Description) under the Meta Info tab. That doesn't change titles though, only the tags in html.

Now, what exactly would you want to modify in this Joomla behavior that you think SEF Advance can help with?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2165 by pixel78
Sorry you have answered here yet to my second question.

the problem for me is i set meta for each article but they don't appear in the article page meta tags , appears always the global meta

16 years 7 months ago #2167 by Saka
Well they append custom keyword and desc after the global ones.
Anyway, if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't really have anything to do with SEF Advance, but Joomla itself.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2168 by pixel78
thanks a wan't to be sure that sef advance is not involved in this problem

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch