Alias/Redirect Problems with 5.5

16 years 8 months ago #1987 by kiwi2b
As far as I can tell, yes. That is, SEF is off in advanced and in joomla and the url looks very unfriendly  :D

Here it is:
dataeasy4englishteachers.com/index.php?o...rder&cid=1&Itemid=27

There's something in the joomla config about dynamic page titles, which is set to on. But other than that I can't tell. Like I said, it's for a component that isn't on your list of extensions. I guess I'm using the alias feature for the right purpose?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #1988 by Saka
You do everything correctly.
Please send me the admin password on mail and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 8 months ago #1995 by Saka
Fixed.

You had trailing suffix in alias, you don't need to have suffix as it's automatically added. If you put suffix you end up with doubled one.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2000 by kiwi2b
Thanks for the visit, it's working now.  ;)
Just to understand what was wrong: under SEF advanced prefs, on the config tab, I had .html to be added as a suffix. Did I have the alias written out in the alias too? And this is why it was doubled?
So, if I took the .html out of my preferences, and it was in the alias, it would work?
Thanks anyway for the help.  :)

16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #2006 by Saka
Yes, but you should never have suffix nor trailing slash in the alias.
It is automatically added according to preferences set in SEF Advance configurations.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2137 by Saka
Another bug with blank page when adding SEF alias has been solved in 5.5.7.
Now you should be able to directly enter the SEF URL found on your page without turning the SEF off.

For example you can enter:
Non-SEF URL: http://localhost/sandbox/blogcategory/33/
Alias: blog-1

The Non-SEF URL copied from the site will then be automatically translated to something like index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=33

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch