SEF and Fireboard bugs

16 years 7 months ago #2255 by mrmckeen
My thanks in advance also!  I'm really looking forward to this plugin... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #2267 by Saka

1. Clicking the link for switching between threaded and flat view just reloads the page without chaninging the settings.

Fixed.

2. Clicking Report message does not work. One is borught back to the forums start page.

Fixed but there is a bug in FB which throws browser in infinite redirect after clicking on "Report to moderator" link.
To fix this bug open components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/report/report.php
and on line 190 uncomment the code:
$redirect = sefRelToAbs($redirect);

- If you click on "pending" messages link on the main page you are just taken to the same page. It doesn't take you to the pending messages page.

I can't find this link. How do you get it?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 months ago #2881 by somaboy
Ack! The last post was about to answer my question and it didn't.

Yesterday I upgraded to Fireboard 1.0.4 on Joomla 1.0.15. The extension for SEF *seemed* to work great but I had to uninstall 1.0.4 and reinstall FB 1.0.3 due to there being no official fix for the extension at Community Builder for FB 1.0.4. I ened the day yesterday with SEF Advance extension, FB 1.0.3 and CB all playing nice together.

This morning I came in and over night there had been 3 posts. If I clicked on the pending notifications, either on the forum front page or from within the catagory I was being pointed to

ww.domain.com/travelforum/review.html

which refreshed back to the front page of the forum. Now, what is odd about this is that pending messages are reviewed by catagory in Fireboard, as in when I removed the sef_ext.php and had fireboard go back to its natural URL system, the URL to the travel tips - General catagory is

www.domain.com/option,com_fireboard/Item...on,list/catid,9.html

so it seems to be trying to point to a universal page of *review* without passing the catagory information, which won't work.

Or maybe 1.0.4 works differently - not that I am going to waste another day trying to get 1.0.4 to work with CB.

Perhaps there was a FB1.0.3 extension that would resolve this? The SEF URLs were so nice and was one of the main reasons I bit off this upgrade project in the first place any help you can give on this would be appreciated.

16 years 2 months ago #2882 by Saka
Did you do this?

To fix this bug open components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/report/report.php
and on line 190 uncomment the code:
$redirect = sefRelToAbs($redirect);

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 months ago #2971 by martialedge
Thanks Emir, I've installed your latest version and it's fixed a couple of our bugs (that report one was killing our google rankings so we had to disable reports!).

Still have a couple of other bugs that have cropped up - When you click on the latest reply to a post from a topic menu (i.e. in the right hand column where it says "Last Post"), instead of going to that latest reply, it goes to the original post. This extends to when you reply to a thread and submit the post, the forum returns you to the start of the thread and not what you posted.

Also if we have 2 posts with the same title, the extension redirects to the earlier one. Our other developer tried adding the postid to the fields given but without any luck. This is quite a major bug for us as it means we have to run around correcting names and such to avoid this kind of thing!

If you get time to fix these it would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

16 years 1 month ago #3154 by ianhales
Was just wondering if you've had time to look at the fireboard titles bug? It's causing us major issues! Cheers,
Ian

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch