SEF Advance with My Blog?

16 years 7 months ago #2003 by peakoverload.com
Has anyone got SEF Advance to work with My Blog from www.azrul.com ?

I've installed the extension for it in the My Blog components folder and yes this does create SEF URL's EXCEPT that the url's now end in .html.html and I get this error message when I click on the Read more link:

Cannot find the entry.The user has either change the permanent link or the content has not been published.

Also when using the extension I find that all my modules dissapear when I click on the main menu which links to the My Blog component.

This is driving me nuts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2017 by netfly
Yes I'm using the MyBlog Patch in two site; very soon in another one.

When you create an entry in your blog, you need to copy the title and paste in the permanent link and seprate each word with "-"; i.e. your title is Title of my entry then put in the permanent link Title-of-my-entry and will work  ;)

16 years 7 months ago #2018 by peakoverload.com

When you create an entry in your blog, you need to copy the title and paste in the permanent link

Sorry, I'm probably being thick but where do you paste the permanent link?

16 years 7 months ago #2029 by netfly
Hello,

When you create an entry (post) in MyBlog, you can see a field called permanent link; try my instruction then save your entry.

16 years 7 months ago #2030 by peakoverload.com

Hello,

When you create an entry (post) in MyBlog, you can see a field called permanent link;

You do??  ??? ???

I don't see anything like that at all  :(

16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #2032 by mrmckeen
I'm having a different problem and thought I would post it here.  Without the sef_ext.php I used to be able to have a link that would display all the bloggers.  With the sef_ext.php enabled all it does it display all the blogs.  Have you found a fix for that?  I need to use the sef option but I very much want to display each blogger without having to do it manually.  The link in question is: 

index.php?option=com_myblog&task=blogs

[EDIT: I just noticed also that they blog dashboard nolonger works preventing anyone from creating or editing their blog - same result as above. The link for that is: index.php?option=com_myblog&task=adminhome]

Thanks for any ideas!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch