SEF Advance with My Blog?

16 years 7 months ago #2041 by mrmckeen
Very interesting.  I don't have a problem with any of the modules and if I click on a blog entry it displays correctly including the proper modules.  I just can't display the list of bloggers and the dashboard link in the user menu doesn't work, it just displays a list of all the blogs.

I wonder if Sakic (or anyone) would have time to look at the sef_ext?  I'll look but I'm no programmer  :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2043 by mrmckeen
Okay... found something that might help a programmer point me in the right direction.  In the myblog sef_ext.php file there wasn't an entry for the blogs option.  I added one and I thought it might work but it doesn't.  The dbug error message is:
[option] => com_myblog
    [Itemid] => 88889232
    [show] => blogs
)
/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=88889232&show=blogs

Which is the WRONG Itemid.  It should be 8889162 for this to work.  Is there anyway to force an Itemid id in the sef_ext.php file?

Here is what I added:
else if (eregi('&task=search',$string) ||
eregi('&task=categories',$string) ||
eregi('&task=rss',$string) ||
                                                eregi('&task=blogs',$string)) {
$temp = explode("&task=", $string);
$temp = explode("&", $temp[1]);
$sefstring .= $temp[0]."/";
}

Thanks!

16 years 7 months ago #2044 by Saka
Azrul mailed me and I provided him with SEF Advance copy. He said he will make extensions for SEF Advance for all of his components.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2046 by mrmckeen
I'll check with them.  I have posted them just recently about an issue and they didn't respond which is very uncharacteristic of them.  They have been very fast with their support.  Maybe they are just swamped at the moment.

Thanks for the update!  Did you email them recently?

16 years 7 months ago #2048 by Saka
I sent him the component couple of months ago but yesterday they mailed again requesting the copy again. I guess they didn't get around to doing it earlier, hope it will be done soon.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2059 by mrmckeen
Here is the one I just fixed.  It now correctly displays all the bloggers in order and also correctly opens the Dashboard link on the user menu...

Let me know if anyone has any trouble with it.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch