Severe alias issues with 5.5.5

16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #2031 by thoeri
Hi Emir

I just upgraded to the latest version (5.5.5) and now I have severe issue with my aliases. I had SEF Advanced for a long time and used the aliases since they were a part of the component. So I am familiar with how to use them.

When clicking a link that goes to a page with an alias I am suddenly logged in automatically. Even if I click Logout I am logged back in when visiting a page with alias. And the those pages are also cached. They do not change even if I update them. And I do not even use the cache function of SEF Advanced or Joomla.

This is a disaster for me, because now I have to disable all the aliases which means people do not get the same urls anymore, neither do Google. So I guess I should uninstall this version and install the earlier one. The problem is, I can't find the earlier version. I might have overwritten it. I used 5.4.6 before and had no problems with the aliases.

How can this be solved?

Regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2045 by Saka
Can you try clearing your browser cookies and test again?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2050 by thoeri
Hi Emir

Thank you for a quick response. I am starting to believe this is not related to the SEF component. You see, I did a lot of other changes at the same time. A month ago o did a clone of the site on another url by tranferring all the files and then make a back-up of the database that I restored at the othher adress. Then i did a major re-make of the site. Then, before transferring everything back to the original site I had to update all the database tables that are interactive - like users, forum posts, stats, gallery items etc to not lose data. Then I transferred all my files from the clone site and last imported the database from it. Now everything should be fine I thought. But then I see this issue.

I though it could be related to SEF since I got a different version of SEF advanced on the real site. For the clone site I bought another version, since a bought it like one month ago. When going live with the new site I upgraded to the latest SEF Advanced. And everything worked perfect on the other site, which should be indentical. But maybe I missed something, like a database table or a file. have you heard about this problem before or have any idea what database table or file that this could be related to. Or could it be SEF Advanced after all. I cleared the cookies and temp file in my browser. No improvement.

Regards,
Thoeri

16 years 7 months ago #2051 by Saka
Strange that you would get logged in even if you cleared cookies. Try also emptying the session table of your Joomla installation.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2053 by thoeri
Is this done but deleting the tables with Myphpadmin? Or is there an easier way? I am live and there is vistors and members on the site. Can I still do it then? Or do they all get kicked out?

Thoeri

16 years 7 months ago #2056 by Saka
Yes you would need to empty the table jos_session using phpMyAdmin.
That will logout all users so you can do it when there are no much visitors.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch