trouble with wrapper in sef advance 2008?

16 years 5 months ago #2479 by fe2o3
hi again.
Recently i've made the switch from sef advance 4.6.1 to sef advance 2008 1.0.9.

I notice that in sef adv configuration, strings, the entry for the component 'wrapper' is no longer in the list. I double checked the install sql, and indeed the sef_config table has no wrapper column.

When i enable sef advanced, the url in my menu that normally links to a wrapper menu item doesnt work ( www.sitename.com/option,com_wrapper/view,wrapper/ ), and firefox alerts me 'the url is not valid and cannot be loaded.'

however, with built in joomla1.5 sef, the url generated in the menu works:
www.sitename.com/medical/procedures-and-pricing

If I enable sef advance 2008 and enter that url (/medical/procedures-and-pricing), sef advance changes the url to www.sitename.com/Itemid,720/option,com_wrapper/view,wrapper/ and the page loads correctly.

Do you know of a way i can make sef adv make the working url, Itemid,720/option,com_wrapper/view,wrapper/,  or possibly alias it to something nicer?

thanks,
Rusty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #2482 by Saka
The wrapper now takes the URL string from the menu so the configuration string is not needed.

But it's interesting to see how you get that link, how you added it to your menu. Because when I add a wrapper I get URL like:
http://site/wrapper-google/
which works correctly.

You can send me a link to your site and possibly the admin password and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 4 weeks ago #3222 by adblaze
Did you guys figure out anything with the wrapper problem? I'm having a similar issue:

www.adblaze.com

I'm getting a URL that shows he following:

www.adblaze.com/icon%11search%11engine

16 years 4 weeks ago #3227 by adblaze
An update on this. I only get an error when I use any type of legacy menu style. A flat style works fine.

16 years 3 weeks ago #3237 by adblaze
Anyone, should I submit a support ticket maybe?

16 years 3 weeks ago #3238 by Saka
Send a mail with the admin password and I will have a look on your configuration.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch