Suggestion

15 years 6 months ago #3976 by winzor
Just a suggestion,

I purchased the upgrade from 1.0.15 to 1.59 thinking all th ecurrent extension would work with the existing version of SEF and Joomla.

Now I find out that many of the extensions that I wanted to use are not updated so my purchase of an upgrade was useless.

Could you please, on your extension page, state whether extension have been tested and work with J 1.5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #3979 by Saka
Which extensions exactly?
Make sure that you turned on legacy mode because some of them work fine with legacy mode on.

It's always recommended to test with the free trial prior to purchase.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 months ago #3980 by winzor
SOBI2 works with legacy plugin turned on but it does not give url's like the old version. The url's used to be like,

sobi2=>business_directory/category_name/name_of_item

the newest version is like

option,com_sobi2/sobi2Task,sobi2Details/catid,4/sobi2Id,3/Itemid,55/

What happens when J1.6 comes out?

"Joomla! 1.6 will have a Legacy Mode to support the changes made relative to version 1.5, but will not longer support any extension designed for Joomla! 1.0.  We feel this strikes the best balance between encouraging developers and site owners to move forward and reduce the strain on the maintenance of too many versions of code."

15 years 6 months ago #3981 by Saka
The the extension doesn't work for you by some reason.
Check which version of Sobi2 you have and compare with the version from readme.txt

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 months ago #3982 by winzor
Joomla 1.59 SEF Advance 1.9.6 and SOBI2 RC 2.9.1.0

15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #3983 by Saka
And what does it say in readme.txt for sef_ext.php I created?

SOBI2 RC 2.9 ( www.sigsiu.net )
This extension is provided for free to all SEF Advance customers.
It is not supported and there are no guarantees it will work for future versions of SOBI2.

Please read the documentation and help files. I get tons of these "support" issues daily. It's not bad support but I just can't repeat things individually for everyone, that's why I wrote the documentation and FAQ.

Now, extensions will be updated when I get some time but I prefer to write it for the STABLE version and not RC as they are constantly changing.

Besides, SEF Advance supports router.php files for Joomla 1.5 native SEF. If the SOBI2 author would at least support the core Joomla SEF with this file, if he now doesn't want to write sef_ext.php for SEF Advance and other SEF components, it would work in SEF Advance too.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch