Any reports on Mtree 2.1

15 years 2 months ago #4674 by ruigato
Unfortunately the Mosets team decided to drop sef_ext.php support on the new version of Mtree

I have both Sef_advance and Mtree installed since the Mambo days, Mtree has i can remember was one of the first components to support sef_ext out of the box.

I suppose the new version supports router.php my problem is with legacy urls.

Are there any reports of url changes? i have my content full of links directing to Mtree it would be bad if all of the suddent all my link structure for Mtree changed.

thanks in (sef)advance  ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #4682 by Saka
You will have to take it up with Mosets but I think you will have to live with some URL changes if you decide to upgrade.

Yes, SEF Advance 2008 supports router.php for core SEF, thus no point for them to write a specific extension file only for SEF Advance.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 2 months ago #4683 by ruigato

You will have to take it up with Mosets but I think you will have to live with some URL changes if you decide to upgrade.

Yes, SEF Advance 2008 supports router.php for core SEF, thus no point for them to write a specific extension file only for SEF Advance.

Thanks for the quick answer Saka

Of course i dont mind some url changes but i would like the main urls to be intact.
extensions dir at joomla uses the new version it looks to me that the output is simillar:
directory/category/listing

i suppose i can use Custom component strings in sef_advance with router.php ( mtree=>othername ) and the url replace ( â=>a, É=>E, Ó=>O) and spaces are taken care the same way.

Do you know some site that has upgraded to the new version and uses Sef_advance ?

Thks again, greetings from Portugal

15 years 2 months ago #4684 by Saka
No, I don't, sorry.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 2 months ago #4685 by ruigato
what about the replacement strings and component name, will it work with router.php ?

15 years 2 months ago #4704 by ruigato
good and bad news

It works with router.php
il seem to work with the old sef_ext.php

especial chars are well replaced like config, capital letters and spaces are diferent. Also in the listing view with sef_ext i had a /details/ in the end, now with router i have only the listing name (looks better)

The only problem with router.php is some small config that are not outputed:

/Construcao_e_Imobiliario/Construtora_Santista_LDA/details/
becomes
/construcao-e-imobiliario/construtora-santista-lda/

Is there a way to forward old urls to the new ones?

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch