500 internal server error

15 years 1 week ago #4907 by damo
i run a few sites on 2 different servers and tonight only my sites running sef advance went down with a 500 internal server error

it is getting looked into but i´m just asking; is there anything that could make it happen within the extension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 days ago #4908 by Saka

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 days ago #4910 by rstepos
Hi,

i have been using the component successfully for some months now and just this morning my site crashed displaying the Internal Server Error 500 page. I checked everything out and it seemed fine from my end ie bandwidth disk space etc. so i sent an email to my hosting provider who replied with the following:

"Hello,

This looks to be an issue with the 'SEF Advance' component on your site.  Try turning that off or upgrading to the latest version to see if that makes a difference for you.

Kind Regards,

Support"

I disabled SEF Advance and it now works but obviously im not getting my SEF URL's now, could you please advise??

Thanks,

RSTEPOS

15 years 6 days ago #4911 by Saka
There's nothing wrong with SEF Advance but may be wrong in your server settings: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#2

Check your .htaccess file. To bring the site back remove or rename .htaccess, but it's obvious the server settings have changed or you changed something in .htaccess.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 days ago #4912 by elwalker
This has also happened to be today. Both sites running SEF Advance have gone down without prior warning. My host attrtibutes this to the SEF component. Can you help?

15 years 6 days ago #4913 by elwalker
This too has happened to me today after years of using SEF Advance. Nothing has changed on my server or in my admin settings. Why would SEF Advance suddenly decide to conflict with the site?

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch