Can't access admin login after migration

16 years 7 months ago #2065 by pixel78
Hi, my host have migrated my joomla site on another server two days ago , same path etc the frontpage and the component seems works well but I can't access the admin login page, when I try It refresh the home page , I think It could be a Sef Advance problem but I don't know how to disable it without access the admin page,

Thanks a lot

Barbara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2066 by pixel78
Please help me ... How I could uninstall sef advance without accessing the admin panel ?

16 years 7 months ago #2068 by Netthandel
Since you get the Front page it might be a 404 error (Page not found).

When you access your site through FTP, do you see the /administrator/ folder?

Try to access yourdomain.com/administrator/index2.php directly and see what happens (should promt you to log in).

If that doesn't work, try administrator/index.php

Best wishes!

16 years 7 months ago #2069 by pixel78
Yes the admin folder is ok and I've just tryed to login directly but it returns error ( can't access directly) see what appens youself please

www.nextgolf.it/administrator/index.php

:'(

16 years 7 months ago #2070 by Netthandel
Seams like it gives it 404 status, and then forwards you to the front page.

An easy fix for now (just to get into the admin area) is to download the configuration.php file in the root, and then change this line (appr. line 58):
$mosConfig_sef = '1';

to
$mosConfig_sef = '0';

This turns OFF all your SEF (Search engine friendly urls)

If this solves the problems for you to log in to the admin, then you can turn off SEF Advance and then test with the inbuils SEF (Remember to change htaccess in the root)

16 years 7 months ago #2071 by pixel78
I've done that but now also front end doesn't work right ( on the right sidebar all is confused) and also I can't access to the admin section it redirects to

www.nextgolf.it/administrator/index2.php?option=com_sef

and refresh to the home page  :'(

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch